According to John Paul Young and Hallmark, Love is in the air…so I thought I would share a few things I’m loving these days.
As I’m taking the bus to work these days, I’ve finally discovered podcasts because sometimes I’m just not in the mood for music.
- Running on OM with Julia Hanlon – She interviews various folks from yoga enthusiasts, triathletes, ultra-runners, and musicians. So far I’m a big fan!
- Women Wanting More with Karen Osburn – She’s a badass and she talks about how to balance it all – work, marriage, sex…everything.
- The Robcast with Rob Bell – For the most part, I’d say I’m more spiritual than religious but Rob Bell interviews some interesting folks and talks about every day issues and how it relates to the Bible. Normally I wouldn’t follow a pastor but he’s good and not trying to sell me on the ‘holier than tho’ messaging.
Favorite Audible Books:
Wow! Seems like I’m listening to a lot of stuff lately. Since I spend a significant time going back and forth from the city to the country, I’m learning to choose to listen to positive messages instead of war, politics, etc – aka the news.
- Life is What You Make It: Find Your Own Path to Fulfillment by Peter Buffett – This was good. Being the son of one of the richest men (Warren Buffett) he did a good job giving some advice on how to find your own path.
- Before Happiness by Shawn Achor – I recently saw Shawn on Oprah’s Super Soul Sunday and decided to give his book a try. I really enjoyed it. He gives some great tips on how to become happier that’s back by research. I’ve already tried a few things and it’s amazing how much better I feel
- My Year of Running Dangerously by Tom Foreman – Also a great book. I can’t always listen to self-help books. This was a nice story about a man in his 50’s running with his daughter and tackling an ultra-marathon.
Favorite Inspirational Folks:
As I’m figuring out what I want to do with my life, I find myself turning to these folks to help me understand what I like and don’t like and how I want my success to look, feel, taste, smell. I feel like some day, my name will be right up here with these beautiful ladies…stay tuned.
- Marie Forleo – She’s such an inspiration who provides business advice to entrepreneurs
- Danielle Laporte – For Christmas, I received her 2016 planner to help me focus on what I’ve got planned for the year.
- Danielle is also the author of 2 really great books (The Desire Map & Fire Starter Sessions) – if you’re looking for inspiration, check her out. She has been offering the Fire Starter Sessions as a free audible that I’ve been listening on the way to work.
- Kris Carr – Who doesn’t love Kris Carr?? She inspired me from day 1 of my cancer diagnosis till now. Granted, I still don’t eat an all plant based, raw diet but I do enjoy reading a lot of her advice.
I can’t write about my favorite things without mentioning running!
- Routes – I’ve stepped it up a bit and really enjoyed getting outside (seems like the rain has subsided a bit). For the last several Saturday’s I’ve been running 8-10 miles. Normally I have a hard time running more than 5-6 by myself in the country but I’m getting creative. I’d like to get in a couple more runs during the week but I’m averaging about 15 -20 miles per week.
- Knuckle lights – I got these for Christmas and can’t tell you enough how much I love them! Super bright!
How about you…what are you loving these days? Any good podcasts, books, running routes??