2015 was the Year of Tacoma…as in all the races I did were in Tacoma, WA. I’ve thought about this a long time and tried to figure out what makes the most sense with all those balls I’m juggling (see previous post for context) and drum roll please…2016 will be the Year of Oregon!
I’m planning on running 4 half marathons and 1 marathon. Yes, one more than I actually prefer to do in a year but figured I’d make the most of my year.
Here’s the details:
- Shamrock Run Portland – March 12th (Portland, OR)
- Bend Marathon – April 24th (Bend, OR)
- Capitol City Half – June 5th (Salem, OR)
- Bridge of Goddess – September 17th (Cascade Locks, OR)
- Holiday Half – December 13th (Portland, OR)
Why Oregon?? Well, it’s relatively close and I can either drive down the morning of, stay with my MIL, or stay with friends. It’s another convenient year. 2017…well hopefully we’ll move someplace new. Not really likely but I can dream.
What races are you planning in 2016?? Want to join me for any of these??